Saturday 25 June 2016

Navision 2015 and Above - Maximum Length of Text Variable - Filter String

Hello Every One,

I would like to tell an interesting feature in Navision regarding Text variable used as filter string.

What is the maximum length of a Text Variable used as filter string?

Maximum length of a Text Variable used as filter String is 41,94,304 Characters = 64KB.


I came to know this when I created a Code-unit and got compilation error when my filter string exceeds its limit.

Variable Declaration

Filter Variable







I have got the error as shown in below snapshot when size of my variable Filter exceeded its length.

Error

Error Limit


Case Generation
1) Compilation Error - Give Static Value in variable exceeding its limit.
2) Run Time Error - A variable is assigned values based on certain logic and its limits exceed.

So if we are using a Text variable without specifying its length we can filter out almost maximum number of records.

"For Informative Purpose Only".


Your valuable comments and feedback are appreciated.

"Power is gained by Sharing Knowledge not hoarding it"

No comments:

Post a Comment